Kayla has been working predominantly in the areas of property, banking & finance, local government, company and trusts law. Kayla has gained exposure to numerous multi-million dollar farming transactions and some complex company restructuring too.
You won’t find Kayla getting flustered in the slightest when she is presented with a contract involving six zeros or any multilateral requirements to a transaction. Kayla gets on with the job calmly, competently and comprehensively.
A bright spark with a flair for not only linear legal thinking but tangential and holistic concepts too, Kayla has swiftly gained the confidence of the firm’s directors, clients and stakeholders.
EducationLLB Canterbury (2019)
From: Canada, Bay of Plenty, Nelson, West Coast, and Canterbury, however, right at home in Otago now.
Interests away from the office: Kayla is a lover of the natural world and appreciates the beauty of landscapes, animals, and her puppy Spencer. Kayla lives rurally and enjoys a good documentary.
Kayla is the one: taking off on an adventure around the South Island with her partner Georgia and enjoying this country’s beautiful scenery.
Examples of work
- Acting for private clients on the successful $4.4m sale of assets involving consenting issues, share transfers, stock movements, dealing with MPI, local authorities, irrigation and trust law matters.
- Regularly acting for local authorities on their property portfolios involving sales, commercial and ground leases, underground and above ground infrastructure development & registration, opinion work and acquisitions.
- Working closely with private clients and their trusts ensuring that the relevant mechanisms are Trusts Act 2019 compliant, achieving the purposes that they ought to and, in some cases, winding up and distributing.
- Assisting with the production of strong personal legal foundational structures such as appropriate wills, enduring powers of attorney, trusts, memoranda of wishes and asset protection for numerous private clients.
- Acting for a provincial based client on the successful sale of a multi-million dollar asset involving registration of easements, procurement of irrigation, consenting and multilateral agreements